Our mission is to provide the best cement products for building a safe, strong and sustainable world for generations to come — one building, one roadway, one construction job at a time. With an international presence and our team of hard-working, fun-loving employee-owners, we are committed to contributing to a better world.
We’ve been in business since 1960 with a sustained annual growth rate of 20%. Our steady growth is attributed to the quality of our products and caliber of our employee-owners. Learn about our available positions and if you’re a good match by reading these job descriptions, responsibilities, qualifications and skills.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the Accounting Department. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, advising them of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
- Manage and oversee all operations of the accounting department which includes:
- month and year-end closings
- accounts receivable
- accounts payable
- cost accounting
- fixed assets
- general ledger
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports and statements
- Review and approve accounting transactions performed by staff members
- Establish and enforce proper internal control, accounting methods, and policies and procedures
- Coordinate annual review, tax filings and audits
- Improve systems and procedures, and initiate corrective actions
- Establish and maintain accounting data and records to document transactions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP. Public accounting experience and CPA license a plus
- Proven working experience as supervisor and/or manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases. Experience with Great Plains, Onbase, Concur, and Bi360 a plus
- Knowledge of foreign subsidiaries and consolidations
- Well versed in Excel
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of cement, apply now.
Web Development Specialist
We seek a full time Quality Coordinator in quality control at our Nazareth, PA facility. This is a salary exempt position primarily assigned during typical business hours, however assignments may change. The chosen candidate (e.g. employee) is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
- Take a personal interest in personal and team safety. Continuously look for ways to improve safety and assist others to the same.
- Ensure strict adherence to external testing specifications and internal quality procedures.
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory area.
- Perform required testing of cement, mortar and concrete, aggregates and other.
- Manage daily, weekly, monthly tasks and activities of laboratory technicians (typically 2-4 personnel) as direct reports.
- Perform regular maintenance of lab and equipment.
- Use computer for communication and data entry.
- Communicate effectively with corporate Operations, QC & QA departments.
- Communicate with operators as required to identify or anticipate issues, allowing quick mitigation or prevention of plant issues.
- Fill in for and assist plant manager and supervisor if needed and assigned by management.
- Do any cleanup that is necessary to have a better and safer working environment
- Utilize all safety equipment, personal or otherwise, required by the company and follow all company guidelines safety standards. Attend all safety meetings as scheduled.
- This job may require shift work, callouts, scheduled and unscheduled hours. Employee may have work schedule adjusted on short notice.
- Perform any and all tasks assigned by management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous cement or material testing experience a plus.
- A high attention to detail and be able to complete quality work in a timely fashion, without rework.
- Good safety and attendance record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including but not limited to: safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and lab procedure manuals. Communicate effectively with fellow workers and supervisors.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter and works well independently.
- Good mechanical aptitude and comfortable working with equipment.
- Good basic math skills; arithmetic and basic algebra.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear and smell.
- Lift and/or move up to mostly 25 pounds and occasionally up to 100+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Technical Service Representatives
We seek a Web Development Specialist to join our growing company. The chosen candidate will be responsible for CTS’s web development, troubleshooting, integrating the web with other marketing-related activities, and driving users to our web properties.
This full-time position is based in Cypress, CA, and reports to the Director of Marketing. Responsibilities, requirements and qualifications are shown below.
Work with Director of Marketing to plan and execute our web-based marketing strategy to grow our market position.
Web Development and Integration
- Develop, maintain, and keep our new corporate responsive website up to date; optimize website for user experience, increased traffic and conversion, and clearly communicate the right messaging of our company, brands and product.
- Continue to fine-tune, troubleshoot and fix issues, and iterate our new corporate site.
- Create and maintain, and keep our new employee responsive website up to date.
- Develop and maintain microsites and apps.
- Initiate and manage a link building strategy.
- Produce web-optimized images with the Graphic Design and Video Production Team for use on websites.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to optimize the integration of the Web channel with other marketing activities (campaigns, lead capture and nurture, trade shows and events, digital promotions, etc.).
- Work with IT to troubleshoot web-based and hosting issues.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At least 3 years of solid web development experience with strong knowledge of:
- User experience and conversion marketing.
- WordPress, Google Analytics, webmaster tools and social media applications.
- Ability to demonstrate scripting/programming skills.
- Understanding of UX/UI functionality.
- Familiarity with video streaming technologies.
- Experience marketing in the construction industry is preferred but not required.
- These experiences are a plus: the use of a Project Management tool like Trello; SEM best practices, including SEO and SMM; digital marketing; and email marketing programs like Constant Contact or AWeber.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology with Database Administration, Computer Science, Web Design, or Computer Information Technology preferred.
- Front-end development and/or graphic design background preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite: Dreamweaver, Muse, Bridge, with basic knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InCopy preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and type 60 wpm.
- Self-motivated, energetic and a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with cross-functional teams and management.
- Flexible, adaptable to change, and open to constructive feedback.
- Effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing deadlines.
- Attention to detail; strong organizational, troubleshooting, and time management skills.
- Ability to complete projects and tasks on time.
- Analytical, creative, and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong copywriting skills a plus.
- Portfolio to show of web development work.
Competitive Compensation — Challenging Work
Technical Sales Engineer (Precast Concrete Specialist)
CTS Cement Manufacturing Corporation | Rapid Set® Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of specialty fast-setting cement and shrinkage compensating cement products. CTS Cement is an employee-owned company and has been in business since 1960. Our steady growth is attributed to the quality of our products and caliber of our employees. As the leader in advanced cement technology, we provide innovative products to the construction industry through continual research and development.
We are looking for a self-starter with the ability and drive to establish and maintain account relationships while achieving sales and performance goals. The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively without direct supervision and provide sales support and logistics in home improvement centers.
- • Down-stock, maintain layout and organize product in bays at home improvement centers.
- • Install signage and build product displays.
- • Train store employees on the different products.
- • Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- • Conduct presentations to prospective customers.
- • Interpret planograms and make changes as needed.
- • Remove and replace beams as needed for product reset.
- • Provide troubleshooting services as needed.
- • Make sales calls on potential users (contractors).
- • Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- • Skilled in making presentations to potential customers
- • Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds
- • Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds over head
- • Experience in sales of consumer/retail oriented product lines.
- • Experience and knowledge of the concrete industry.
- • Familiarity with building material products.
- • Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- • Must be able to travel.
- • Big box retail experience is preferred but not required.
Great companies are built by great people. At the heart of CTS’s success is our team of employees-owners whose integrity, commitment and willingness to go the extra mile stand behind everything we do. Because of our employee-owners, we have earned the reputation of providing outstanding products and service to customers, dealers, and distributors. If you are interested in working in the exciting and growing world of cement, apply now.
Construction Sales Professionals (New York/Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Ohio, and Northern California)
We seek a Technical Sales Engineer to market, sell and promote Rapid Set cement to the Precast Concrete Industry. Rapid Set cement concrete gains sufficient strength to remove forms in one hour and release pretension strands in two hours allowing increased production volume from existing precast facilities. This position is based in Cypress, CA, and reports to the VP of Engineering Sales.
- Minimum of 5 years concrete industry professional outside sales experience
- Technical knowledge and experience of cement products
- Knowledge of the precast concrete industry
- Strong track record of effective problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and networking skills
- Strong organizational and time management
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Self-starter who can work autonomously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
The Construction Sales Professional will sell and service Rapid Set products. The ideal candidate will call on prospective customers (contractors, engineers, architects, dealers), service existing dealer accounts, promote and demonstrate products at dealer and job-site locations, and provide trouble-shooting services.
- Service existing dealer accounts while prospecting for new ones.
- Provide troubleshooting services.
- Promote and demonstrate products at dealers and on jobsites.
- Make sales calls on potential users (contractors).
- Some positions require working with architects, engineers, and owners.
- Sales experience with strong presentation skills.
- Construction or concrete experience.
- Familiarity with construction and repair work; able to use the correct tools.
- Knowledge of local and regional contractors.
- Knowledge of local and regional specifiers and owners a plus.
- Strong work ethic and willing to put in the hours to get the job done.
- Self starter, energetic, well organized, and team-oriented.
- Computer skills — Word, Excel, Outlook
Competitive Compensation — Challenging Work
If you’re interested in these positions, please send your resume and salary history to:
CTS Cement Manufacturing Corporation | Rapid Set® Products
11065 Knott Avenue, Suite A
Cypress, CA 90630
firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 714-379-8270